Friday, July 12, 2013

Practically Perfect in Every Way


Have you seen the trailer for Disney's new movie, Saving Mr. Banks? Well, if you haven't you can here. It was just released and I am beyond excited for it. It is the story behind the story. The story of P. L. Travers, who wrote Mary Poppins, as well as the story of how Disney made it a movie.

Mary Poppins has been and always will be one of my favorite movies. But, I have never read the book. I understand there is a difference between the cheerful Julie Andrews movie version of Mary Poppins and the more strict book character (or so I've heard) but I can't believe that I never got around to reading the book. Well that's going to change, while at the library today I swung through the Childrens' Department and picked up a copy. I'm excited to finally read the story and seen the difference between it and the movie adaptation myself.

What are some of your favorite stories from your childhood? Did you first encounter them in a book or on a movie screen? I'd love to hear about them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment