Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hold the Sugar Please

I have given myself a challenge. For the next 30 days (Aug. 1 through Aug. 30) I am not going to eat sugar. Yes, I know sugar is in everything (even fruit!) but what I mean by sugar is cakes/cookies/brownies/candy/chocolate/ice cream etc. Basically desserts or treats or whatever you want to call them, I'm not eating them for thirty days.

Why am I doing such a crazy thing? Because I am a sugar addict. I crave sugar like you wouldn't believe. I once put icing on ice cream; yeah I'm that crazy. A couple of years ago I did this shortly after Easter. I had so many Easter treats that I felt that I couldn't taste chocolate anymore it was like my taste-buds got used to the flavor. At that time I gave up all sweets for two weeks. Those two weeks made me more aware of everything I was eating and as a result I dropped 15 pounds in the following months.

Fast forward to today and I've gotten a bit (okay okay, a lot) off track. So in order to get myself back on track I'm giving up the one thing I crave the most, mean ol' mister sugar. Why am I blogging about this? Because putting my challenge online and sharing it with my friend and family gives me more motivation to not cheat myself. I know I can do it, but this provides more accountability.

What about you? Have you ever given yourself a thirty day challenge? Do you have crazy sweet tooth as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment