Monday, July 22, 2013

Book Page Gallery Wall

Happy Monday everyone!

I'm here to share what I was hinting about on Wednesday. I made a gallery wall going up our stairs, but instead of photos I framed pages of my favorite books!

The books I used are Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Rings. Before anyone freaks out about me cutting up books let me just say, I love these stories and I love that they get to be on display in my home. Also at the time of this writing there are 3,526 used paperback copies of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for sale on Amazon starting at $0.01 (which is where I bought mine because there was no way I was tearing up my hardcover copy.) Secondly, I actually had two mass market paperback copies of The Fellowship of the Rings so I didn't feel bad about that one either. Moving on...



I wanted to frame important pages so here is the very first page of Harry Potter.

This page is my favorite quote by J.R.R. Tolkien, and of course it's also important to the plot of the story.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

A map of Middle-Earth anyone?

 
I also framed a few library cards. I lucked out with this one being from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince but I framed a few other cards that were not HP or LOTR related just because I like them and it ties into my library roots.

This page is Harry and Ron's first conversation on the train and the page next to it is when they first meet Hermione. I had a little bit of an accident with this frame . It's the biggest one I have and I er... didn't do a great job of hanging it up... and it fell off it's nail, tumbled down the stairs and the glass shattered into a million little pieces on the floor. After a thorough clean up I hung the now glass-less frame back up and I like it looks fine.
I'm debating about painting the wood frames black so everything matches, but for now I think it looks good. Actually having book pages hanging on my wall makes our "house" feel like our "home" more than any of the other changes I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment