Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Piano Bucket List

Do you have a bucket list? I wrote one out once and then I had this though what if I complete every item on my list? Am I then done with life? A pretty morbid thought, I know but sometimes my crazy brain goes there.

I do however have a bucket list for the piano. There are three pieces of music that I would like to master in my lifetime. Without further ado they are

1. Clair de lune by Debussy
2. The Entertainer by Scott Joplin
3. Linus and Lucy by Vince Guaraldi

I know there are easy piano version of all of these beautiful songs that I could learn how to play but that's not what I'm shooting for. I want to perfect the original versions of each piece. Also, I am in no rush to learn them because I know I will learn a lot of beautiful music over the course of my piano playing days. I do have a copy of The Entertainer and I've had it since I was thirteen. I could probably make it through the first two pages very v e r y slowly and that pace is fine with me. 

And now for your listening pleasure... my piano bucket list!





No comments:

Post a Comment