Monday, July 15, 2013

Inspiration Piece


Does anyone remember that show Room by Room  that was on HGTV in the 90's? It was my favorite show and they always talked about having an inspiration piece for a room. Well I'm happy to say that I'm taking their advice and using this painting by my grandfather as the inspiration for my living room.

My grandfather gave me this painting when I was a kid, probably seven or eight, and it's always been my favorite. I think the sunflowers are what caught my attention all those years ago (come on, who did love sunflowers are some point during their childhood.) Anyway, I wasn't sure where I was going to hang it but when we got the piano I propped it up there and loved the way they looked together. I grabbed the vases from around the house and my new Target lamp and I finally could see where I want this room to go. I have a grey couch on my wishlist which will pick up the grey tones in the barn roof in the painting.

This inspiration piece has definitely gotten the ball rolling in this room. Do you have any specific items in your home that have inspired your decor?


No comments:

Post a Comment