Monday, June 10, 2013

A Vintage Country Wedding

This weekend my best friend got married to the man of her dreams! It was an absolutely beautiful day, the weather cooperated, the decorations were perfect and she looked beautiful.

Although I did not have any sort of camera on me, my sister snapped a few pictures that she said I could share.
One of the many drink stations. They also served pop (or soda if that's what you call it) in glass bottles, water bottles, and some adult beverages.
 My bridesmaids dress! We had these dresses made and then the mother-of-the-bride did lots of work adding the finishing touches. The mother-of-the-groom made our jewelry (my necklace is not cooperating in this photo) but they were beautiful. The bride herself embellished the flip flops so we had something comfy for the reception. I don't have a picture of all the bridesmaids together but all of the dresses were different. They all had the vintages 50's vibe to them and the other colors were pink, yellow and coral. For the ceremony we all wore nude heels and we even took some pictures with cowboy boots (I can't wait to see those!) The groomsman wore a linen vest and pant set with white shirts a tie to match one of the bridesmaids dresses.
 These pennants were made by the mother-of-the-bride and they were everywhere at the reception. I even had fun helping to hang them up all over the place the day before the wedding. (Shout out to my youngest sister for helping me!)
 This is the centerpiece for the table my family sat at. All of the tables had yellow table cloths but each centerpiece was different. The batten-burg lace square you can see here is from my wedding. It's such fun to share little details like that with friends. Everyone ate off of vintage china that the bride and her mom collected over the course of a few months. All of the flowers (centerpieces, bouquets, and decorations, etc.) were all done by family friends. The brides mother actually did all the flowers for my wedding. These women are truly talented.
 The cake was yummy! The bride made the cake topper and you can see the brides bouquet off to the left.
 These beautiful arrangements lined the path at the reception and the asile at the church. The father-of-the-bride made the stands and then the arrangements were in mason jars that hung on the stands.
Here's my bouquet the next morning. The flowers held up pretty well, they are actually still going strong on my kitchen counter in a vase. Each ribbon matched the girls dresses. Every little detail was so thought out. It was such a beautiful wedding for such a beautiful couple.

My sister has some more pictures on her blog which you can find here, although I did snag some of her photos (thanks sis!)

No comments:

Post a Comment