Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Piano

Next week I am getting a piano at my house. I have played the piano for eighteen years but when I moved out of my mom and dad's house the piano stayed. I love to play it when I'm visiting them and my sisters in-laws graciously gave me a keyboard so that I could play in my own home. But I am excited to have an actual piano.

One of my goals for 2013 has been to play the piano everyday, even if it's just one song. I was doing  well on upholding that goal but I have kind of slacked off the last two months. It's amazing how much improvement I made on the song I was working on, and then I sat down to play it the other day and I was extremely rusty.  I will definitely be picking up that goal again. I will play the piano everyday for the rest of the year (except when I am away from home and no where near a piano.) I will give myself a little grace then.

Is there any hobbies you've had since childhood that still hold a special place in your heart today? How about times when you've realized just how important practicing something can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment