Monday, June 24, 2013

"It's Like TV For Your Dining Room"

This weekend we helped my sister and her hubby move into their new house. Moving day was the first time I had ever been there. It's an adorable house and it will be perfect for them.

The dining room wall has an unique feature. A HUGE mural of a nice little scene.


It's so huge it doesn't even fit in one picture. Now, I don't know if my sister and my brother-in-law are going to keep the mural but we sure had fun with it on moving day.

It all started when my sisters, sister-in-law said that the painting was kind of growing on her. The colors were pleasant and it was something nice to look at. "It's like TV for your dining room" is an exact quote.

Then I started asking people if the girl was leaving or coming home. Everyone had different answers (which was interesting.) Her bags are tipped over like the man threw them off the carriage and the dog is coming out to greet her and she's got one foot on the step like she's walking up it. All good arguments for the "coming home" side of the discussion (which was the side I was on.)

Speaking of the steps, my mom pointed out that the steps look concrete and why would they have concrete steps and dirt roads. Then we noticed other things, like the fact that the man unloading (or loading?) her bags is as tall as the carriage wheel. That would make for some extremely large carriage wheels. And there is a shadowy man in the carriage looking out the window. I named him Moriarty, because it seemed appropriate for a mysterious man.

I don't know what they are going to do with the painting, if it was me I wouldn't want to live with it but it would be hard to roll paint right over it.

Do you have any unique elements in your home? How about any murals?

No comments:

Post a Comment