Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Reading

 I love books, but sometimes I can go a little overboard at the library. This is a stack of library books plus books that I own plus books I'm borrowing from family and friends. For some perspective on how tall this stack of books is; here's me! 

 Because posing with a stack of books is totally normal. I like to have my options when it comes to reading although not all of these are for leisurely reading. A fair amount of them are cookbooks, which I need to try more recipes from. But, besides the cookbooks, here is a little of what I will be reading this summer.
 The Inspirational: Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman. You're Made for a God-Sized Dream and You're Already Amazing both by Holley Gerth. I heard both of these women on an old episode of the Simple Mom Podcast and was so inspired by their conversation that I knew I needed to own their books. I can't wait to dig into them.
 The Stories: The House at the End of Hope Street by Menna van Praag, The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley and Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer. I have read all of Witemeyer's books before and absolutely loved them so I can't wait to dive into her latest (which just came out June 1st.) The other two books will be new authors for me, but I'm excited to get lost in them as well.
 The Money Stuff: Living Well on a Shoestring from the editors of Yankee magazine and The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach. Living Well on a Shoestring caught my eye at the library, because it appears to be full of money savings tips and in my opinion saving money is always a good idea. I actually purchased The Automatic Millionaire when I was in high school (proud budget nerd from the start.) I read some of it at that time, but I would like to read it again with a more adult mindset.
The Home Decor books: Home Design by Sabrina Soto and Houses with Charm by Susan Sully. I'm always looking for ideas/advice I can use in my own home and I am looking forward to gaining all of the interior design wisdom that's within these covers.

What are you reading this summer? Do you like to read fiction? Non-fiction? Or a little of both?

No comments:

Post a Comment