Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everyone! Two thousand thirteen is finally here and like the majority of people I am setting some new goals. My hubby and I had a quick talk about some goals this morning so I thought I'd share a few.

Here are a few of my personal goals:
-Play the piano every single day of 2013. One of my goals for 2012 was to memorize a piece of music. As I was reflecting on why I didn't achieve this goal, I realized it was because I felt like I needed to dedicate a significant amount of time each day to working on memorizing the piece. When my day was busy and I couldn't fit it in I would think I don't have time I'll just do it tomorrow. Well then tomorrow would come and I would again be busy; and the cycle would repeat itself. So this year, even if I play only one song a day by the end of the year I will have played that song 365 times and after that, I should definitely have it memorized.
-At the end of 2013 love every single item in my wardrobe. I talked about that in this post but I plan on working on this throughout the whole year.
-Look presentable always.  This goals goes along with the previous goal and it was inspired by the book Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris by Jennifer L. Scott. I will be talking more about this book in the future, but the chapter she wrote about looking presentable always felt like a way to make my "love every item in my wardrobe" goal have a practical purpose.
-Learn to sew. There are a lot of projects I want to do around the house and being able to sew would be so very helpful. I received a brand new sewing machine for Christmas and I am so excited to get started with it.

My hubby and I also set some goals as a couple:
-Save money. This may seem like a general goal but really we are striving towards saving a certain amount of money. If saving more money in 2013 is also a goal of yours, I would recommend your goal be save a certain amount of money for a certain purpose. For example maybe you want to save $8,000 for a new (at least new to you) car, or maybe you just want to save $1,000 for a small emergency fund. Whatever it is, make it a measurable goal.
-Go somewhere new. We would like to try a few small things like a new restaurant or a new museum. But we would also like to travel to a new city or go to a theme park we haven't been before. We will see where 2013 takes us.
-Paint at least one room in our house. Growing up I was never allowed to paint my bedroom, and now that I have a house of my own I can't wait to paint. This goal to prevent me from being so indecisive about a color that I don't paint anything at all. It is time to make decisions and get some color up on those walls.

I'm really excited about all of these goals because I feel like they are definitely all within reach. How about you? What measurable goals are you making for 2013?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment