Monday, September 16, 2013

My Favorite Personal Finance Books




If you hang around with me for more than two minutes you'll discover I like books and personal finance. Which means I really like books about personal finance.

I only have two books pictured here but I actually have three favorites. I don't own the third one (hence no picture) I read it from the library a few years ago.

First up, The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. I think anyone could follow this plan and achieve success. I love how simple and straight forward it is, which makes it easier to understand for everyone. Even if you don't follow his plan 100% (for example baby step one of a $1,000 emergency fund just seems like not enough money to me; so personally I'd prefer to save a little more,) you can still find lots of success. I also love listening to his radio show and that he is always consistent with his answers.

Second is The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach. I like how this book explains that if you set yourself up to save (and the book tells you to do it by automatic drafts into savings accounts) how you can become a millionaire. This book also talks about how debt won't make you rich and to be rich you should live below your means and save and invest your money.

Thirdly is American's Cheapest Family by Steve and Annette Economides. This book taught me practical ways of keeping track of my money and showed me that I could reach any financial goal no matter my income with intentional spending so that I am not wasting my money. This book was also very easy to read and had lots of useful tips.

Do you have any favorite personal finance books?

1 comment:

  1. When I was living on my own after college I scooped up tons of those books! I liked the David Bach books and one by Suze Orman called "Young, Fabulous, and Broke" (or something like that). They helped me a lot at the time. Then I married a guy who works in the finance industry and is much better at math than I am. :) But at least I'm not totally clueless about the stuff anymore!

    ReplyDelete