Monday, December 3, 2012

Cookie Exchange Part 2 and My Favorite Cookie Secret

The cookie exchange 2012 was a ton of fun! I didn't win the grand prize of best cookie, but I had a really great time.

The best cookie went to a white chocolate cherry shortbread cookie, and let me tell you, it was a good cookie. My other favorites included a butterscotch chocolate chip, a strawberry whoopie pie and another type of chocolate covered cherry cookie. I really love when chocolate and cherries come together and make my taste-buds sing.

Here's the aftermath with all of my cookies and prizes. The cookies are still in their packaging (there is also an award for best packaging.) The winner for best packaging was the pink box towards the front was made to look like a bed to go with the pink pajama party theme. It even had a little stuffed animal on top of the bed! It actually had a headboard too but I had to remove that for easier transporting. One of my favorites was the Vicki's bag because it's so PINK. (Yes cookies came in it and not... other things.)

Overall it was a blast. I had a good time hanging out with my mom, as well as meeting some new people and catching up with familiar faces too.

I heard from some of the judges after the party that my cookie was up there in the top running and since I won last year I thought I'd share my number one cookie secret. After you're done baking and your cookies have cooled, put them in an air tight container with a piece of bread. After a few hours (or overnight and longer) the bread will get very hard and your cookies will be perfect. Soft without being too soft. Just throw the bread away and enjoy your delicious cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment