Sunday, December 9, 2012

Goodwill Finds

Sorry about the lack of posts last week. I came down with a wicked cold that landed me on the couch with a giant box of tissues and a bag of cough drops. I'm still trying to get over it... (sniffle.)

In between my nose blowing, my husband and I made a quick trip to Goodwill. He was in need of some new dress shoes and I glanced through the women's section looking for some new tops. I hardly ever try on things at Goodwill. I figure its already cheap so if it doesn't fit I sell it to the clothing resale shop and make my money back, I can return it to Goodwill, or I can beg ask my sister to help me alter it, I can re-purpose it or I can give it to one of my sisters. Here is what I found and a little description of how well they fit.

Loft Cardigan - Fits Perfectly


Banana Republic Button Up 
 It's a little too tight on me, but I will either layer it so I don't have to button it up. Or once I practice my mad sewing skills I could turn it into a cute pillow or possibly alter it. It's hard to tell from the picture but it's a light green and white stripe.

So brand (from Kohl's) Long Sleeve Tee

This fits perfect. I already have a bunch of these in different colors and I wear them all the time. I didn't have a pink one though, so I figured why not? and bought it.

Gap Body 

This fits perfect. Actually it's something my husband pointed out for me. It's got a nice shape; especially with the seams down the front. It even makes me look good when I'm wearing it around the house.

Talbots Sweater

This is a little short on me. I tired it on while wearing jeans so I am hoping that with dress pants (which are higher wasted) it will look better. I could always layer it with a button up underneath- which would make it a little dressier for work and also add some length to it.

I saved the best for last. The price of these shirts were $3.29 each. Which means my grand total was a whopping $16.45 for all of these. (Not including tax or the $5.00 dress shoes we found for my husband.) I looked through the racks quickly (as in under 4 minutes) and found all of these gems. Now even my wardrobe is becoming inspired by a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment