Monday, July 28, 2014

I Thought I Was A Dog Person

Please allow me to introduce you to the newest furry addition to our family, Sybill. We picked her up from the local humane society, where she was originally named Ester, and brought her home with us and gave her a new name. (Both of our cats are named for characters in Harry Potter.)
Ellie was not the biggest fan but they are doing much better now. Although Sybill's idea of playing is charging at Ellie with her claws out and Ellie is not the biggest fan of that game (and I don't blame her because Sybill also likes to play that game with me and it hurts!) 

Neither Kevin or I had cats growing up so seeing how very different their personalities are has been amusing. Sybill is a big fan of sleeping on you and Ellie would prefer to take her cat naps sight of you but has to be at least arms distance away. Sybill enjoys chasing anything and everything while Ellie looks on as if cat toys are beneath her. Sybill likes trying to catch her own tail and Ellie doesn't have a tail. 

It's been very amusing to watch them interact. We are being sure to give Ellie plenty of snuggles too, at her discretion of course. 
Ellie has been amusing us with her fair share of antics as well. Of course I leave wreath forms around for the specific purpose of creating cat seats, I mean, what else could I possibly need them for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment