Monday, April 21, 2014

Moving Things Around in the Dining Room

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

This weekend I tired some dining room hutch rearranging. We got this hutch last year for $100 on Craigslist. Originally I thought about painting the back of it a lighter color since since so dark, but it is solid wood and I actually enjoy the look of wood so I decided not to paint it. Instead, I put all of my white ceramic pieces in there and they pop against the dark wood.

Here's what it looked like before:


Sorry for the blurry photo but this is the best one of the bunch (you don't want to see the others.) Anyway, the hutch had turned into a catch all of sorts. Nothing was styled so I collected all my pieces on the kitchen table and did some rearranging. 

I ended up with:

 
I love the way the white pieces look in here. I also enjoy having my cookbooks available in the kitchen for obvious reasons. I wonder if the Pioneer Woman minds being on display? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has all of her cookbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment