Monday, March 17, 2014

Teal-Blue New Bedding

Happy St. Patrick's Day! This American girl with Irish roots will definitely be wearing green today!

On a different note, let's talk about bedding :)



I don't think I've ever shared a picture of our master bedroom before but oh well, this is what it looks like now. I was at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago where I found this queen bedding set for $60. It came with a a comforter, two Euro shames, two standard shames, two decorative pillows and a bed skirt. I actually picked up the gray sheets a few weeks earlier just because we needed some and I'm glad the gray works because this is an awkward shade of teal blue. It reminds me of my prom dress from high school.



Throwback Monday? I can't believe this was seven years ago but I still love that dress its between navy and cobalt with a little bit of green mixed in. But back to the bedding. To be honest, I'm not impressed with the quality. It just feels cheap (which is was so I can't complain about that too much.) It gets crazy wrinkled and and I can't iron it because it kind of feels like the texture of a windbreaker, like those "swishy pants" you used to wear as a kid? Anyone remember those?


There are some things about it that I really love. The quilted Euro shames being one of them. We have never had this many pillows on our bed before and I love how luxurious it feels. I'm happy I had two Euro pillows just hanging out in the guest room with mixed matched covers so it's good to see this set together and matching.  

So overall feelings, I'm not going to design the whole room around this set. I'm still going to save for some nicer bedding with less of a windbreak and more of a five-star hotel feel. I'll probably lean towards a navy blue and gray color pallet. But for now it will work for us.

And it looks like it  gets the Ellie stamp of approval. I wish you could pet her through the internet, she may look a serious fur-ball sometimes but she is the softest cat I've ever petted. Super plush stuff animals made of cashmere have nothing on the softness of Ellie. (Do they even make cashmere stuff animals?)

No comments:

Post a Comment