Monday, March 18, 2013

I miss blogger

So I'm struggling with my new website. WordPress is a lot different then blogger and I haven't figured it out yet. I'm getting spammed with over 100 spam comments a day and I can't figure out silly things, like how to see my stats or how to get a small bio with a picture in the side bar. I feel like I should be using it because I paid for it, but I'm kind of having buyers remorse.(Note, you can use WordPress for free, I am only paying because I bought my domain name and I am paying for a hosting company to host my website. WordPress is simply the blogging platform I am working with on my website.)

Right now I'm trying to decide if I should spend time with that site trying to figure all of these little things out, or switch back to Blogger (which is more user friendly in my opinion.)

Because of my mixed-up-blog-platform feelings, I haven't been blogging at all. Which is not good because I have things to say!

So today I'm blogging here and I'm going to tell you about my day.

Today Mr. V and I both took a random vacation day from work. We have done this a few times in the past and random vacation days are one of my absolute favorite things to do. It's like creating your own three-day holiday weekend.

We got up early to the sound of pouring rain, which made me want to stay in bed longer because who doesn't love to sleep in to the sound of rain. But we got up anyway because we didn't want to waste our day sleeping. We headed out to breakfast at an Amish restaurant for some good home cooking. Mr. V got the breakfast buffet and ate so much he didn't have room for lunch later. After breakfast we picked up a small chocolate peanut butter pie to go.

We just had some of the pie for an afternoon snack and oh wow it is such good pie. We still have some left over for dessert later (if it lasts that long.) Even the pie crust was fantastic, and I don't typically like pie crust. I only eat is because of all of the other pie goodness it contains.


After pie, we hung up our curtains in the bedroom.

I made the curtains out of painters drop cloths last weekend. They are my first sewing project and I can't tell you how happy I am to see them finally hung up. At last, I can sleep without the harsh glow from the street light outside in my eyes.

Pretty great vacation day so far!

Oh and this weekend, I watched all of season one for Downton Abbey and I am in love! I can't wait until season two comes in for me at the library. Also, Once Upon A Time was fantastic I can't wait to see what next Sunday's episode brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment