Thursday, October 18, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...


There are certain people in this world that like to keep the joy of Christmas between Thanksgiving and New Years. I am not one of those people. (Neither is the store where this photo was taken in August, but seeing their Christmas decorations up that early pretty much made my day.) I've already busted out the Christmas sheet music and have been playing Silent Night on the piano the past few evenings. My husband (who is one of the Thanksgiving to New Years people) tells me I'm going to "ruin Christmas" by getting excited so early. I tell him I need to start practicing on the piano now so I'm good at it by December 25th. He just smiles and kisses me on the forehead (because he's the best) and then I carry on with my practicing.

 I took piano lessons for twelve years and we (my sisters and I) would get our Christmas recital pieces in September, so it's actually weird for me to not be playing Christmas music already.

All this holiday music prep has me thinking I need to prep for other areas of the Christmas season as well. My first order of business is Christmas cards. We didn't send out Christmas cards last year because, truthfully I didn't get my act together in time. I'm changing this year by starting very early. I want to do photo cards and Walmart Photo Center has adorable holiday cards for only $0.28 each! My husband and I ordered our Save the Dates from Walmart and we were very please with how they turned out. (We only sent Save the Dates to close family instead of everyone for a mini money saving wedding tip.) Since we already know they are good quality, I want to get a new family picture and go ahead and order and address them before Thanksgiving. This way I can send them out right after Thanksgiving and that Christmas task can be checked off my list. Since we recently moved, not all of our family members have our new address so I'm thinking these cards will serve two purposes. The first being spreading Christmas cheer, the second being "oh hey we moved and here's our new address."

Our total for our cards should cost around $15 (not including postage) which in my opinion is a great deal compared to other photo card companies out there. I can't wait to put these together (and to try and get the cat to sit still for a picture.) "Plan ahead" is my motto for this season.

Merry Christmas!

Update: Due to budgetary cuts we are not sending Christmas cards out this year. It's important to have your priorities sorted out when it comes to budgeting and Christmas cards were not a priority this year. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment