Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Having Cookies with a Hobbit

Weekend Recap

On Saturday my sister called me to tell me she was at my mom and dads house baking cookies with my mom and our other sister. I spent the afternoon at their house icing Christmas cookies with them. I can't remember the last time I made cookies with my mom and sisters. I think that it's something we should do every year before Christmas (and maybe even after Christmas, and then again in the spring, summer and fall. What can I say, I love cookies.) My youngest sister kept saying it was so nice to have all of us there. I'm thankful for making memories with them.
And yes, that gingerbread lady on the bottom is wearing a bikini courtesy of my sister.

On Sunday we got a group together and saw The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey. My husband and I are big LOTR fans so we had been anticipating this movie ever since it was announced. I'm definitely excited for part 2 and 3. I don't even mind that they are breaking it up into three movies because that means there is still more to come. But back to the Hobbit, this movie was intense and full of action, but what I really loved is how beautiful it was. The colors, costumes, and scenery were so beautiful I wish I could hang up the movie stills as art in my home. We have been watching all of the behind the scenes special features on the extended edition of The Return of the King and it make me appreciate all of the work that goes into these movies so much more.

In other news, I am not ready for Christmas at all. Yes, I know it's one week away but I'm going to be shopping at the last minute, just like I did last year. When will I ever learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment